[CMake] Mercurial support for CTest

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 29 09:46:20 EDT 2009

Bart Janssens wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We're planning to move our project (K-3D) from SVN to Mercurial. Are
> there any plans to support Mercurial in CTest? A search turned up
> these results:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg17597.html

Thanks for the links.  I was unaware of that patch because it was
submitted to the "CDash" bug database and not "CMake".

> Are there any plans to incorporate this patch in a future release?

Yes, if someone converts the CTest patch to work with CVS HEAD.
A MAJOR refactoring of the CTest update code has been done since
the 2.6 series was branched.  There is now a clean framework for
implementing VCS backends in CTest.  The patch needs to be updated
to use it.  Someone already contributed a patch for BZR support.

-Brad