[CMake] cmake -E move/rename?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jun 26 09:58:24 EDT 2009

It does in CVS CMake... (recently added...)  From my current Windows build:
C:\Users\david.cole\Dashboards\My Tests\CMake
Win32-vs8-Release>bin\release\cmake -E
CMake Error: cmake version 2.7.20090625
Usage: bin\release\cmake -E [command] [arguments ...]
Available commands:
  chdir dir cmd [args]...   - run command in a given directory
  rename oldname newname    - rename a file or directory (on one volume)
  copy file destination     - copy file to destination (either file or
directory)
  copy_if_different in-file out-file  - copy file if input has changed
  copy_directory source destination   - copy directory 'source' content to
directory 'destination'
  compare_files file1 file2 - check if file1 is same as file2
  echo [string]...          - displays arguments as text
  echo_append [string]...   - displays arguments as text but no new line
  environment               - display the current enviroment
  make_directory dir        - create a directory
  md5sum file1 [...]        - compute md5sum of files
  remove_directory dir      - remove a directory and its contents
  remove [-f] file1 file2 ... - remove the file(s), use -f to force it
  tar [cxt][vfz] file.tar file/dir1 file/dir2 ... - create a tar archive
  time command [args] ...   - run command and return elapsed time
  touch file                - touch a file.
  touch_nocreate file       - touch a file but do not create it.
  build build_dir           - build the project in build_dir.
  write_regv key value      - write registry value
  delete_regv key           - delete registry value
  comspec                   - on windows 9x use this for RunCommand