[CMake] CPack, error generating rpm file, error "File must begin with "/": "

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 10:09:25 EDT 2009

2009/6/25 Pascale B <chose29 at hotmail.com>:
> Hi All,
>
>    I am using CMake, CPack to generate packages. I successfully generated
> .tar.Z, .rpm and .deb files on my local computer. I am now trying to make
> tests on a computer that I access with SSH and I am getting an error only
> for the rpm file.
>
> The error presents as:
> CPack Error: Problem copying the package:
> .../lnx/_CPack_Packages/Linux/RPM/drop_sources-1.04.0-Linux.rpm to
> .../lnx/MyApp.rpm
>
> and when looking at file rpmbuild.err, the content is:
>
> error: File must begin with "/":
>     File must begin with "/":
>  I'm not able to locate where this error comes from. Do you have any idea?

You may be facing the buildroot problem with rpmbuild version greater
than 4.6.0.
See:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators#CPack_RPM_currently_pending_bugs.2Ffeatures

Which version of CMake are you using?
Could you check the rpmbuild version?
   If it is greater than 4.6.x please upgrade to CMake CVS or
   replace your CPackRPM.cmake file with the one from CMake CVS HEAD.

You may search the list archive for similar issues:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Where_can_I_find_searchable_CMake_Mailing_Archives.3F
--
Erk
http://www.april.org