[CMake] [Cmake] Extract objects from multiple static librairies and create a new staic library from extracted objects

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Fri Jun 19 12:33:29 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 05:15:20PM +0200, Marcel Loose wrote:
> Is it really necessary to pull the objects from these static libraries,
> or would it suffice if you would build a new library from all the source
> files that make up your suite of static libraries?
>
> If so, you could simply add a new library that would depend on all these
> source files.

This.

If you have shared libraries, I believe they are likely to have symbols
that are really defined in other libraries (in libc, for example). You
would need to figure out which symbols these are and exclude them
(unless you plan to hunt them all down and try to statically link all
the OS libraries).  None of this sounds very pleasant.

tyler