[CMake] Overwritting read-only files when installing

Daniel Tavares daniel.tavares at slipg8.com
Wed Jun 17 18:11:01 EDT 2009

> I don't understand the problem.
> When I try to install somewhere, where I'm not allowed to write the
install
> fails:
> CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> /home/alex/src/tests/envvarininstall/cmake_install.cmake:35:
> FILE cannot create directory: /usr/usr/local/share/foo. Maybe need
> administrative privileges.
>
> Or do you mean the directory is writeable for the developer, but he
doesn't
> have write permission for the file ?

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry if my previous post wasn't clear enough.

I want the install to fail if the file that is trying to write to is
read-only. This is to prevent the developer from overwriting the file,
if it's not checked out.

I'm using CMake 2.6.4, generating projects for Visual Studio 2005.

Thanks,
Daniel