[CMake] Overwritting read-only files when installing

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jun 17 17:06:19 EDT 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009, Daniel Tavares wrote:
> Hello fellow CMakers,
>

> Is there any way to make the install step fail if the destination file
> that is being overwritten is read-only?

I don't understand the problem.
When I try to install somewhere, where I'm not allowed to write the install
fails:
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/home/alex/src/tests/envvarininstall/cmake_install.cmake:35:
FILE cannot create directory: /usr/usr/local/share/foo. Maybe need
administrative privileges.

Or do you mean the directory is writeable for the developer, but he doesn't
have write permission for the file ?

Alex