[CMake] Multiple toolchains

Daniel Collin daniel at collin.com
Wed Jun 17 14:43:56 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm going to make an evaluation of moving our codebase over to use CMake.
The codebase is fairly large (1.5+ million lines of C++ code) that
targets multiple different platforms.

On of them is PS3 and the problem with PS3 is that it has 2 different
cpus that one needs to target and that means having two compilers
(ppu-gcc and spu-gcc)

A small example would be (pseudo build steps)

spujob:
    spu-gcc -o spu.elf spumain.c
    convert_spu_elf_to_lib spujob.a spu.elf

ppu : spujob
    ppu-gcc -o ppu.elf main.c -L../spujob/spujob.a

There was some talk about this a while ago (and a patch supplied here)
http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg13572.html

I'm a bit curios what happened after this and if the above code is
possible to achieve now days?

Cheers!

.Collin