[CMake] Precompiled Headers

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Jun 8 09:18:39 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Brad King<brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help. Do you (or anyone else) know if there are any plans
>>> make a dedicated function for this so it is cleaner and portable?
>>
>> http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=1260
>
> I just added a FAQ entry:
>
>  http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Does_CMake_support_precompiled_headers.3F

Apart from every compiler making this different (i. e. different
parameters for each compilers), what are the difficulties you see for
making this a first-class feature? My Windows coworkers demand this
feature and I was thinking in implementing when I had a few spare time
at work (read: October the soonest)

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org