[CMake] Trouble starting ctest run with intention of reporting to dashboard

Steve Huston shuston at riverace.com
Thu Jun 4 13:27:13 EDT 2009

Thanks for the quick assistance, David. No joy though...

> After setting up the project on the CDash server, the project
> administrator should be able to download the CTestConfig.cmake
> from CDash to put in the source tree.

Ah, ok. I did this. I don't remember reading a direction like this
while setting up the project, but may have missed it.

> Your CTestConfig.cmake does not have the proper variable definitions
> in it to work with CDash... for example, this is a snippet from
> CTestConfig.cmake in the CMake source tree:
> All of the variables begin with CTEST_....

Ah-ha... The example CTestConfig.cmake in "Mastering Cmake" pg 195
don't have the CTEST_ prefixes either.

> CDash should generate the proper CTestConfig.cmake for you after the
> project has been set up.

Ok, I did this. The file generated is:

## This file should be placed in the root directory of your project.
## Then modify the CMakeLists.txt file in the root directory of your
## project to incorporate the testing dashboard.
## # The following are required to uses Dart and the Cdash dashboard
##   ENABLE_TESTING()
##   INCLUDE(CTest)
set(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "Qpid%20C++")
set(CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "00:00:00 EST")

set(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "www.riverace.com")
set(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION
"/CDash-1.4.2/submit.php?project=Qpid%2520C%2B%2B")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH TRUE)

I put this in the top-level source directory and retried. This time
with -VV:

[shuston at smokey cpp]$ ctest -VV -S ~/trunk_nightly.cmake
* Extra verbosity turned on
Reading Script: /home/shuston/trunk_nightly.cmake
Run ctest command:
"/home/shuston/Desktop/cmake-2.6.2-Linux-i386/bin/ctest" -D Nightly
Cannot find file:
/qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/cpp/rhel5/DartConfiguration.tcl
   Site:
   Build name:
WARNING: No nightly start time found please set in CTestConfig.cmake
or DartConfig.cmake
Problem initializing the dashboard.
Unable to run ctest:
Cannot find file:
/qpidbuilds/trunk/qpid/cpp/rhel5/DartConfiguration.tcl
   Site:
   Build name:
WARNING: No nightly start time found please set in CTestConfig.cmake
or DartConfig.cmake
Problem initializing the dashboard.

I'm not sure it's even seeing the CTestConfig.cmake file - after the
run above, I added a junk line to the top of the file and re-ran
ctest... No change in output. I was thinking it should complain about
the junk in the file.

What do you think?

Thanks,
-Steve