[CMake] Trouble starting ctest run with intention of reporting to dashboard

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Jun 4 12:50:56 EDT 2009

After setting up the project on the CDash server, the project administrator
should be able to download the CTestConfig.cmake from CDash to put in the
source tree. Your CTestConfig.cmake does not have the proper variable
definitions in it to work with CDash... for example, this is a snippet from
CTestConfig.cmake in the CMake source tree:

set(CTEST_PROJECT_NAME "CMake")
set(CTEST_NIGHTLY_START_TIME "21:00:00 EDT")

set(CTEST_DROP_METHOD "http")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE "www.cdash.org")
set(CTEST_DROP_LOCATION "/CDash/submit.php?project=CMake")
set(CTEST_DROP_SITE_CDASH TRUE)

All of the variables begin with CTEST_....

CDash should generate the proper CTestConfig.cmake for you after the project
has been set up.

After logging in as project admin on CDash, go to the "Edit Project" page,
click on the "Miscellaneous" tab and then click on the link labelled
"Download CTestConfig:"

David