[CMake] Removing flags added by the Platform modules

Will Dicharry wdicharry at stellarscience.com
Tue Jun 2 19:22:43 EDT 2009

We have a problem on AIX with the IBM C++ compiler.  In the standard
cmake AIX Platform module in cmake-2.6/Modules/Platform, the following
variables are set:

SET(CMAKE_PLATFORM_REQUIRED_RUNTIME_PATH /usr/lib /lib)
SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RUNTIME_C_FLAG "-Wl,-blibpath:")

The strange thing is that we don't link any shared libraries, but linker
is being invoked with those flags for our executables.  Those flags are
introducing an incomplete link on our system, so we need to get rid of
them.  I've tried removing them in the CMakeLists file for our project with

set( CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RUNTIME_C_FLAG "" CACHE INTERNAL "" FORCE )

but to no avail, even with a clear cache.  Is there some way to do this
or a cleaner way to deal with the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Will

--