[CMake] header-only project for VS2005

Greg Peele gpeele at ara.com
Thu Apr 30 10:17:14 EDT 2009

I don't know if this is still true, but when I ran into this on my
project, trying to call ADD_LIBRARY or ADD_EXECUTABLE with only headers
caused CMake to complain that it couldn't figure out the appropriate
linker language.

My solution was to write an empty .c or .cpp file, use ADD_LIBRARY to
build a static library from it and the headers, and mark the library as
EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL so it never actually gets built.  If there's a better
way to do this I'd love to hear about it too.
-
Gregory Peele, Jr.
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
(407) 384-2721