[CMake] Cmake support for MKS toolkit

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:18:13 EDT 2009

Could you confirm the MKS you are talking about is this one:
http://www.mkssoftware.com/

i.e. some kind of "unix tools" for Windows.

If this is the case I would bet that you MAY need to compile your
own CMake version for MKS just as there is cygwin version of CMake
for using from within cygwin.

Since MKS is commercially supported software may be you can
ask to your MKS provider if MKS supports CMake ?

Note that for cross-platform development I usually keep my finger
away from such tools (either cygwin or MKS)  and goes for
selecting "native" tools for each platform and use CMake to do
the specific configurations for each supported P/F.
For unix-like nafive window tools I do personnally use
http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ and sometimes
http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/.

MKS and the like usually offers you a different way to go, such as
1) do your development on Unix then
2) "automagically" go on Windows using the tool (MKS or other)
     since it offers you the unix compatibility layer (tools and libs).

Thus my question is why do you need both CMake and MKS
in your case?

2009/4/30 ankit jain <ankitguddu at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> I am working on windows. I am currently using MKS to build my code without
> using cmake. but since i dont know whether cmake supports MKS or not iam not
> able to build my code through cmake using mks. If yes, please can anybody
> let me know how i can build my code through mks toolkit on windows using
> cmake. since i dont find as such binaries for mks toolkit specially.
> I need to do this because if i dont use mks and build code directly using
> cmake binaries for windows then all the unix functions are not working on
> windows. i got error of unistd.h not exists and platform not  recognised
> since i define macro for windows as NUTC for mks..
> So please guide how to proceed..
> Any help in this regard really helps me a lot...
>
> Regards-
> Ankit Jain

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Erk