[CMake] cmake hp-ux binary creates .sl libraries rather than .so libraries.

Denis Scherbakov denis_scherbakov at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 12:43:01 EDT 2009

> The change will have to go in Modules/Platform/HP-UX.cmake.
>   I think we should be able to check the
> CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR variable.

Is there a tool I can run to tell you exactly, how processor names shuld look like? Is it "file" or something else?

> If someone has
> access to one of these machines and can work out a patch, I
> can put it in CMake.  Even better, if someone has access to
> one of these machines, and can setup a nightly dashboard to
> make sure it stays working.

I am currently working on a GNU Linker that will run on Linux and produce IA64 HP-UX binaries. A GNU Linker for PA-RISC2.0 HP-UX is alredy finished by someone else.

So far I can tell, HP-UX.cmake has to be rewritten, since GNU Linker does not know about +Options --> CMAKE_CROSSCOMPILING or something else needs to be analysed to find out if we are using Hp's linker or GNU linker.

Denis