[CMake] cmake hp-ux binary creates .sl libraries rather than .so libraries.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Apr 28 12:06:23 EDT 2009

Denis Scherbakov wrote:
> HP-UX on PA-RISC uses *.sl or no extension (like libC.2 for PA-RISC 2.0)
> HP-UX on IA64 uses *.so naming like in Linux.

http://www.mainsoft.com/solutions/windows_to_hpipf.aspx

"> Shared library naming convention

> The shared library naming convention on Itanium 2 is different than
> that of PA-RISC. On PA-RISC, general names for libraries, libxxx.sl,
> are used, whereas on Itanium 2, the libraries are named libxxx.so.
> This will affect both build systems and all code that loads shared
> libraries at runtime (e.g. calls to dlopen() or shl_load() ). This
> might also affect other production scripts.

The change will have to go in Modules/Platform/HP-UX.cmake.   I think we
should be able to check the CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR variable.   If
someone has access to one of these machines and can work out a patch, I
can put it in CMake.  Even better, if someone has access to one of these
machines, and can setup a nightly dashboard to make sure it stays working.

-Bill