[CMake] Problem with recognising the MSYS environment

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Fri Apr 17 03:22:59 EDT 2009

On 2009-04-16 12:41, Maik Beckmann wrote:
> Arjen Markus schrieb am Donnerstag 16 April 2009 um 12:07:
>> On 2009-04-16 10:43, Maik Beckmann wrote:
>>> MSYS has its own generator, so this should be
>>>   cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles"
>> Hm, could that be the problem? I noticed that CMake is indeed reacting
>> differently if -G is set differently:
>>
>> - No -G option: CMake recognised the MS Visual C/C++ compiler as
>>    the C compiler on my system, and both MSYS and MINGW were unset.
>>    (This answers Werner's suggestion)
>
> The default on Windows is to generate for Visual Studio.
>
>> - -G "Unix Makefiles" caused it to recognise the MSYS/MinGW installation
>>    of gcc and set MINGW to 1.
>
> cygwin -> -G"Unix Makefiles"
> msys -> -G"MSYS Makefiles"
> mingw (i.e. via cmd.exe shell) -> -G"MinGW Makefiles"

With -G "MSYS Makefiles" I do get the proper setting for MSYS.
The find_library command still insists on using the MS Visual C/C++
versions of the libraries, though, so I need to use my workaround
still. But at least one point is solved.

Regards,

Arjen

Delft Hydraulics, GeoDelft, the Subsurface and Groundwater unit of TNO and parts of Rijkswaterstaat have joined forces in a new independent institute for delta technology, Deltares. Deltares combines knowledge and experience in the field of water, soil and the subsurface. We provide innovative solutions to make living in deltas, coastal areas and river basins safe, clean and sustainable.

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.