[CMake] Convert libtool convenience libraries to cmake

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 11:14:28 EDT 2009

Hello,

2009/4/13 Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
>> [...]
>> question. Anybody knows how to build
>> a shared library of separate cmake targets?
>
> Then you might be out of luck. Of course you could try creating static
> libs and then link those into your shared lib. But thats not supported
> on all platforms that exist out there, I'm even unsure if this is
> supported on win32.

We do exactly that on Linux x86/x86_64/arm and QNX x86/arm (Unix Makefiles)
and  Win32 including CE5/CE6 (NMake and Visual Studio).

We also sometimes do rather dirty stuff when building a static library
twice - with and
without tracing. And here we modify the COMPILE_FLAGS of the whole target using
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES.

kind regards
Andreas Pokorny