[CMake] Convert libtool convenience libraries to cmake

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 03:08:52 EDT 2009

On 12.04.09 15:54:43, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> On 07.04.09 20:29:49, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
>>> I want to convert an autotools project to cmake. But, I don't know
>>> how  to solve the problem of the
>>> convenience libraries. The issue is: the project builds a shared
>>> library  of bunch of libtool convenience
>>> libraries. Each convenience library uses different compilation flags
>>> (which is very important). So I can't
>>> simply take all sources I got and stuff them into a shared library
>>> with  add_library().
>>
>> Sure you can. You can set compile flags on a per source file basis with
>> set_source_file_properties. If you have a bunch of files that get the same
>> flags, put them into a variable, iterate over them and set the flags on
>> each that way.
>>
> In fact, it doesn't even work. Generated visual studio project ignores
> COMPILE_FLAGS set on source files,

Sounds like a bug in the VS project generator, I suggest to report it to
Kitware.

> even though it seems to be okay with COMPILE_DEFINITIONS. This is
> strange because visual studio itself
> does support compile flags set per-file. So I am back to my original
> question. Anybody knows how to build
> a shared library of separate cmake targets?

Then you might be out of luck. Of course you could try creating static
libs and then link those into your shared lib. But thats not supported
on all platforms that exist out there, I'm even unsure if this is
supported on win32.

Andreas

--
You may be recognized soon.  Hide.