[CMake] [New Module] Protocol buffers

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 12:19:06 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 09:59:11 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Is there something I can do to move this onwards?
>
> Personally, I think it would be beneficial to have a repository with
> experimental CMake modules, from which the kitware people could move
> modules into the "official" build when they have been sufficiently tested.
> After all, not many of us have experience with building under all the
> supported platforms, so most of us will need help testing. On the other
> hand, having all these modules sort of floating around on mailing list
> would be suboptimal for a number of obvious reasons.
Agreed, I've submitted a bunch of modules to the bugtracker and received no
feedback on them or news about inclusion in the tree.

It might be an idea for someone to create a Google Code project or something
with unofficial modules which perhaps Kitware would link to and we can plaster
over the wiki.

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur