[CMake] [New Module] Protocol buffers

Esben Mose Hansen kde at mosehansen.dk
Wed Sep 24 04:59:11 EDT 2008

On Friday 19 September 2008 21:57:18 Esben Mose Hansen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a module for Google's protocol buffers. It works for me, but
> will of course need adjustments for various non-unix platforms.
>
> And testing :)

Is there something I can do to move this onwards?

Personally, I think it would be beneficial to have a repository with
experimental CMake modules, from which the kitware people could move modules
into the "official" build when they have been sufficiently tested. After all,
not many of us have experience with building under all the supported
platforms, so most of us will need help testing. On the other hand, having
all these modules sort of floating around on mailing list would be suboptimal
for a number of obvious reasons.

--
kind regards, Esben