[CMake] make test

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Mar 28 18:21:53 EDT 2008

On 2008-03-28 22:31+0100 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> I think simply having test depend on all may be a bit slow.

I agree that is a concern for bigger projects like paraview with half-minute
"make all" latency (as recently demonstrated by Bill) so it appears our goal
should be to have a DEPENDS option for ADD_TEST to allow users to add
dependencies for specific targets/files.

I have put a note to that effect at
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=4615.

> I also would like if the targets would be current on "make test". Last summer
> I discussed with Brad about that and it isn't as easy as it may seem. (e.g.
> it would also be nice if targets which are OPTIONAL would be automatically
> built if the test which uses them is executed).

I hope this complication does not delay the implementation of a DEPENDS
option for ADD_TEST too much.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).