[CMake] Problem building fortran project on Windows using Intel Fortran 10 compiler

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at wldelft.nl
Tue Mar 25 04:06:22 EDT 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Xin XU wrote:
>
>> Hello Bill,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply! I am using: CMake 2.4 patch 8 on Windows XP. I
>> wrote
>> a set of small C++ codes. When I put my codes and CMakeLists.txt on a
>> Linux
>> PC, the CMake works fine.
>> When I put them on my Windows XP PC and asking CMake to configure for
>> Microsoft Visual Studio 8, I got the error shown in the attachment.
>> Sorry, I
>> could not copy the text down, so I used print screen. Hope you can
>> see that.
>>

> OK, so it looks like ifort is not working from the command line.  Can
> you run ifort by hand from a shell and compiler a fortran program?
> Are you running CMakeSetup from the SAME shell or command prompt that
> runs ifort?  Also, please post to the cmake list and not to me
> directly. There maybe and most likely are people who have seen this
> error and know what to do to fix it.  (I am not one of them, so please
> repost the error message to the list.)

Hello Xin XU,

I have not seen the error message, but one common problem under Windows
is that
if you do not use the Developer Studio, compilers like MSVC/C++ and
Ifort and others
require the environment to be set up manually:

c:> ifvars.bat
(set up Ifort environment variables)

The name of the batch file varies with the compiler. Could this solve
the problem?

Regards,

Arjen