[CMake] an easy way to clean cmake generated files?

Timenkov Yuri ytimenkov at parallels.com
Mon Mar 24 05:53:34 EDT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008 12:23:04 Ákos Maróy wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Use out-of-source builds, then you can just rm -rf builddir and be done.
>
> I'd love to, but I want to use Eclipse for the building itself, and it
> seems Eclipse needs in-source builds to be able to do meaningful
> debugging..
I use Eclipse too, but don't experience much problems. I just set up Build
Directory in project options to place where I set up out-of-source build.
Because debug info is embedded into output binaries, eclipse can easily find
proper sources (May be after some playing with path mappings). Build
directory can be specified in extra modules search path.

Alternatively, you may choose to create build directory in source tree to make
Eclipse find objects and symbols.