[CMake] Somehow making life easier with wxWidgets ...

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Wed Mar 12 15:44:10 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Jorgen Bodde wrote:
>  I have succesfully converted my source to use the latest find script.
>  I have to say, GOD JOB! I wasn't expecting this level of flexibilityof
>  the script. I didn't have to add anything whiel configuring. Simply
>  configure and go!

I'm glad to hear that. None the less, if you find any configuration
still missing or that you need support for something don't hesitate to
contact the list and submit a feature request. I try to attend these
as they come.

I still think that forcing users to frequent updates of the find
scripts (to support new versions) is a too restrictive requirement for
some users. So, having a wxWidgets.cmake file generated from the
bakefiles during the wxWidgets configuration/build would simplify and
hence stabilize the FindwxWidgets module.

So, I guess you can keep this in mind... at least in the backburner. :)

>  Thanks again for this effort. I will still keep thinking about making
>  it easier for future releases  but I am very happy that it works as
>  expected.

This was/is the goal, so I'm glad you find it simple and that it simply works.

--Miguel