[CMake] Brandon Van Every

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Mar 4 19:57:17 EST 2008

Rodolfo Lima wrote:
> Ben Ratzlaff escreveu:
>> Why do we need to keep him around? If Bill has determined that such
>> steps are needed, then I must conclude that something more serious has
>> happened behind the scenes that we are not aware of.
>
> Sometimes in the heat of an argument one can make a regrettable
> decision. I mean, the next person that comments about language
> translators to Bill has a higher probability of being banned from this
> list than someone who doesn't. At least during this week :)

In my 18 years of working with open source software, I have never done
anything like this.   I am hoping it won't happen again.  This really
has nothing to do with the current technical argument.  It is about a
pattern of behavior that has been going on for years now.  If I thought
things would change for the better, I would reconsider.  However, I
don't think they will change.  Perhaps, in 6 months if I get an apology
instead of threats and blackmail attempts I will reconsider. Right now,
I am standing by my decision.

-Bill