[CMake] Brandon Van Every

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Mar 4 18:11:24 EST 2008

On 04.03.08 17:21:08, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> This is a difficult decision for me.   I have never been forced into a
> situation like this.  However, Brandon's posts to this list have been
> disruptive to the community and myself.  I have therefore come to the
> conclusion that Brandon needs to be kicked off the list.
>
> I hope we can put this issue behind us soon, and move forward with the
> development of the CMake build system.

I agree with Rodolfo, I don't think banning is the right thing to do,
it'll just give him an excuse to blame Kitware of being unprofessional
and whatnot anywhere else.

We have somebody similar around the kde community and while dealing with
him is stressful sometimes (he's very insisting on his pov), he also
does have a valid point from time to time.

So far the KDE community hasn't suffered too much from him, new people
often get into an argument with him (with apparently often enough no
real conclusion) but after some time they acknowledge that it doesn't
make too much sense to deal with him longer than for a couple mails.

Working in open source also means you sometimes have to deal with
exhausting people.

Andreas

--
You are the only person to ever get this message.