[CMake] CodeBlocks generator issues

Philip Lowman philip at yhbt.com
Sun Mar 2 21:16:22 EST 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Félix C. Morency <felix.morency at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just discovered that CMake SVN (future 2.6.0) currently supports
> CodeBlocks project generation. I gave it a try and the result seems
> promising. I've been able to successfully compile my project under
> CodeBlocks 8.02.
>
> However, running the program (which is a command line program) from
> CodeBlocks with the "Run" command doesn't work. The error is: "You can't run
> a commands-only target...". Another issue is the debugging tool which
> doesn't start with this error: "The selected target is only running pre/post
> build step commands. Can't debug such a target...".
>
> I guess those issues come from CMake since all those features work with
> what I call a "pure CodeBlocks project". Are those issues already known and
> if yes, are you planning on fixing them with the release of the 2.6.0version ?

Félix,

I don't know anything about CodeBlocks but I do know with the Visual Studio
generator the default project is ALL_BUILD which you can't debug.  In order
to Debug with Visual Studio you have to right click on the desired target
and choose Debug (or change your default project).  Maybe there's a similar
issue with CodeBlocks?

Be sure to file a bug on this issue in the CMake bug database if you're
still having problems.

http://www.cmake.org/Bug/main_page.php

--
Philip Lowman