[CMake] CMake and Lua

James Mansion james at mansionfamily.plus.com
Sat Mar 1 04:03:40 EST 2008

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> So what exactly about the CMake language gives you this feel?

That would be:
1) the syntax
and
2) the modularity constructs

I know its 'only' scripting to manage declarations into the engine.

Its a shame you can't write emitters except in C++ but that certainly
wouldn't
be something I'd want to try with a language like this.
> But if we did that would we have a binary that that had all the
> "wrapped" languages?

Why?  I don't care what you ship in the CMake core library.  I just want
to be able to do any
coding in my project in a manner that's comfortable.

Even if the result is mixed, a few lines in site config should enable
the engine to find the
interpreter DLLs and integrate them.

James