[CMake] Visual Studio and Windows Mobile SDKs

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sun Jun 29 17:42:28 EDT 2008

On Saturday 28 June 2008, Andreas Pokorny wrote:
> Hi there,
> We have just started getting WinCE platform files to work. I have worked
> around the /system:console issues mentioned in the mails below. I basically
> reused the existing Windows and Windows-cl platform files, and made changes
> where the scripts try to execute compiled applications. Building
> console-like applications  - well... applications with an int main - is
> possible, but requires
> specifying mainACRTStartup as /ENTRY: point. This was done to get the
> default C and CXX tests working.
>
> There are some remaining issues .. like getting all compiler flags and
> include paths right. I have no idea what most of the flags do. I believe
> the include paths
> and machine type options have to be provided by a CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE.

No. The flags should either come from the Windows-cl.cmake file (or
equivalent), or if that isn't specific enough, from a
Windows-cl-${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR}.cmake (or equivalent for WinCE) file.
Even better would be the
${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}-${CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ID}-C-${CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR}.cmake
file, i.e. WinCE-MSVC-C-YourHardware.cmake. For details see
Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake.

Alex