[CMake] FindwxWidgets update (for MinGW)

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Jun 17 03:16:01 EDT 2008

Hi Miguel,

> IF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>   SET(wxWidgets_FIND_STYLE "win32")
> ELSE(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>   IF(UNIX)
>     SET(wxWidgets_FIND_STYLE "unix")
>   ENDIF(UNIX)
> ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
>
> This makes Windows (non-cygwin) and MinGW choose the windows style
> search and Unix (including cygwin and apple osx) to choose the unix
> style search (based on wx-config).
>
> MSYS will choose the windows style search also. Now, wxWidgets and
> MSYS users could help me out here to decide whether this is the
> correct default or should I change it so that MSYS uses unix style
> search (this means that wx-config must be installed)? Or can MSYS
> shell work well with a regular windows wxWidgets installation (i.e.,
> in C:/wxWidgets-2.4.8)?

In MSYS you compile wxWidgets with the automake build system and obtain
a wx-config binary. So the above fix would not work for MSYS. MSYS has
access to a usual wxWidgets installation, but not via C:/wx... - the
drives are accessed by /c/wxWidgets-2.4.8. But according to the
installations instructions of wxWidgets for MSYS, where the usual
configure/make process is recommended I would stick in the MSYS case to
the unix find_style.

> If it can go either way, then I will add a mechanism with a default
> choice, but which can be overridden by the user.

That I'm not sure. And it wouldn't make too much sense, since MSYS is by
definition the minimal system to use the unix configure system. If the
user doesn't want that, he should use the Windows CLI (pure MinGW),
since he doesn't use the capabilities of MSYS anyway.

Thanks for the patch,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal