[CMake] FindwxWidgets update (for MinGW)

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Mon Jun 16 15:07:20 EDT 2008

Hello All,

I have updated the cvs version of FindwxWidgets.cmake to be able to
find the wxWidgets libraries for MinGW using the Windows style search.
Basically, I added the following:

IF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
  SET(wxWidgets_FIND_STYLE "win32")
ELSE(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
  IF(UNIX)
    SET(wxWidgets_FIND_STYLE "unix")
  ENDIF(UNIX)
ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)

This makes Windows (non-cygwin) and MinGW choose the windows style
search and Unix (including cygwin and apple osx) to choose the unix
style search (based on wx-config).

MSYS will choose the windows style search also. Now, wxWidgets and
MSYS users could help me out here to decide whether this is the
correct default or should I change it so that MSYS uses unix style
search (this means that wx-config must be installed)? Or can MSYS
shell work well with a regular windows wxWidgets installation (i.e.,
in C:/wxWidgets-2.4.8)?

If it can go either way, then I will add a mechanism with a default
choice, but which can be overridden by the user.

Thanks,
--Miguel

--
Miguel A. Figueroa Villanueva