[CMake] FW: cmake newbie questions

Phil Smith phil at voltage.com
Tue Jul 29 20:10:46 EDT 2008

OK, more progress (I think).  Now I get:

---------------------------
cmake .
-- Check if the system is big endian
-- Searching 16 bit integer
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/TestBigEndian.
cmake:31 (MESSAGE):
  no suitable type found
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:117 (test_big_endian)

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

  should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring done
So...I can figure out how to suppress the warning. But the error suggests to me that it can't decide whether z/OS is big endian or little endian (it's big endian).  How do I tell it?

I think we're close!