[CMake] Debug libraries

Yuri Timenkov ytimenkov at parallels.com
Tue Jul 29 03:25:21 EDT 2008

On Monday 28 July 2008 22:14:51 Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not a windows user and now, sadly, I have to develop an application
> with Visual Studio 2005. I'm porting an application that use OpenGL,
> Coin3d, SoQt and Qt4.4.
>
> I have created the respective FindSoQt and FindCoin that reports me the
> libraries with the two versions (debug and release).
>
> One thing that i have not be able to solve is that when I create the MS
> Visual Studio Project, in the Debug option, the Qt libraries are the debug
> ones (with d) and in the release are the "normal" (without d). However, I
> couldn't do the same with the others and I don't know how I can tell
> MSStudio that when compile in Debug chose the debug ones.
>
> I have created my Find... with XXXX_LIBRARY and XXXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG.
It's better to have 3 variables:
XXX_LIBRARY_RELEASE, XXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG and XXX_LIBRARY.
First ones are determined with find_library, the latter one:
if(XXX_LIBRARY_RELEASE AND XXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG)
	set(XXX_LIBRARY optimized ${XXX_LIBRARY_RELEASE} debug ${XXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG})
endif(XXX_LIBRARY_RELEASE AND XXX_LIBRARY_DEBUG)

and link your applications to XXX_LIBRARY. Mike's script does same thing but a
bit more generalized. Also, you can look to FindBoost.cmake. But the key point
is to use "debug" and "optimized" keywords.