[CMake] find_package New features request

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Tue Jul 22 12:10:45 EDT 2008

Hi,

> In addition, the packager of the reference blas, at least on SUSE
> linux, made the unfortunate decision to name the reference blas shared
> and static libraries by the exact same name, libblas.  Is it possible
> with the 2.6 series of cmake to enforce that the correct version of
> the blas is linked in this situation?  If I remember correctly cmake
> 2.4 can get this wrong?

The new packages should take care of that. In the past in linux you could have
used CMAKE_SUFIXES_LIBARRIES or something like that lib.

in the new FindBLAS/LAPACK there is a variable that you can set on
(BLA_STATIC)

Alin

 "...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast