[CMake] find_package New features request

John Doe ufnoise at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:29:36 EDT 2008

It seems that most packages that I use do not reference a blas header
directly.  They forward declare the functions they need directly, and
add the appropriate suffix (_) to account for whether the blas is
fortran or c.  This requires user knowledge of the calling conventions
of the blas library they are accessing.

In addition, the packager of the reference blas, at least on SUSE
linux, made the unfortunate decision to name the reference blas shared
and static libraries by the exact same name, libblas.  Is it possible
with the 2.6 series of cmake to enforce that the correct version of
the blas is linked in this situation?  If I remember correctly cmake
2.4 can get this wrong?

Regards,

Juan