[CMake] [New Module] FindCxxTest & FindMagick

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sat Jul 19 01:18:47 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 11:06 PM, Philip Lowman wrote:
> I'd like to seek approval to have the following CMake find modules added to
> CMake.  Both are to work with popular pieces of software and I happily
> volunteer myself to maintain the modules.
>
> Magick (ImageMagick libraries)

Philip,

I have this bug assigned, so I apologize for not having attended to
this earlier... since you seem very interested in this I can work with
you to commit it asap.

I think rather than having two modules (i.e., FindImageMagick and
FindMagick) we should have one. I already have a local version that
uses COMPONENTS, so that if you want convert and mogrify you do:

find_package(ImageMagick COMPONENTS convert mogrify)

and it will set the ImageMagick_convert_EXECUTABLE and
ImageMagick_mogrify_EXECUTABLE variables. I guess I might need to
change the variable naming. I think the standard naming convention
settled on all caps like IMAGEMAGICK_MOGRIFY_EXECUTABLE, right? or was
it IMAGEMAGICK_mogrify_EXECUTABLE?

Anyway, we could add a component "devel" that will request the
development files (include_dirs and libs as in your patch), so that if
your interested in that you do:

find_package(ImageMagick COMPONENTS devel)

You could always request both as:

find_package(ImageMagick COMPONENTS devel convert mogrify)

Does this sound like a good interface?

What platforms have you used ImageMagick devel files in? Are you
familiar with how it is installed in platforms other than yours? Could
you send me a listing of the installation directory off the list?

Thanks,
--Miguel