[CMake] find_package REQUIRED

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Fri Jul 4 13:33:28 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Alexander Bubnov wrote:
> Hello!
> I am exploring cmake features. Now I have stopped at find_package,
> REQUIRED parameter. As I can see from manual:
>
> "The REQUIRED option stops processing with an
>  error  message  if  the  package cannot be found."
> (cmake 2.6-patch 0)

Hello Alexander,

The REQUIRED and QUIET options to find_package only set some standard
variables that the find module needs to properly handle. It is the
responsibility of the module to make use of these correctly.

Unfortunately, some modules have been there before these
standardizations and don't behave accordingly. In any case, you are
understanding the docs correctly and I have submitted a bug with a
patch that fixes this, which you might want to try:

Hope that helps,
--Miguel