[CMake] QTestlib CTest Integration

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jul 3 11:40:31 EDT 2008

Mike Arthur wrote:
> On Thursday 03 July 2008 15:45:18 Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> Sorry to hear that...   Can you be more specific about what is annoying
>> you?
> Just integrating the functionality of ctest and QTestLib in a way which
> doesn't hide all the QTestLib subtests.
So, QTestLib does a bunch of tests at one go, and produces its own
summery sort of like what ctest does?

>> Perhaps, what would it do?
> I don't know exactly yet. Probably something similar
> to "create_test_sourcelist" but instead of using a file for each test then
> using a QtTestlib test for each test.
>
> I think I'm correct in saying there is no support for test hierarchies, right?
> Like grouping tests?
Currently no.  Other than using the test names and -R, there are no
formal groups.

>> No, the default is to produce nice clean pass/fail output for each test.
>>   If your developers want to see the output, they can add -V.
> Sorry, should have been more clear. What I mean is it possible to
> make "ctest -V" the default when running "make test" from CMake.

No, I would still rather have that be clean output.   However, I think
you can do this:

make ARGS=-V test
Also, any other ctest arg can be passed in that way, like -R, for example:

make test ARGS="-R CMake"

-Bill