[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Tue Jul 1 16:25:23 EDT 2008

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer

On Jul 1, 2008, at 4:05 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:

> 2008/7/1 Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us>:
>> I am starting to dive into the CPack packaging system for my projects
>> and I have some basic questions that the wiki is not answering.
>>
>> 1. What "zip" program do I need to install or is recommended on
>> Windows XP to get the NSIS packager to run correctly. I am getting
>> the
>> "CPack ERror: Cannot find a suitable zip program."
>
> 7-zip is working for me with CMake 2.6.0
> Which version of CMake/CPack are you using.

I installed the latest stable versions of NSIS and 7Zip. Was there
something extra that I needed to do on the installation on Windows? I
bet I need 7zip on my "path" in windows. Can CPack use gzip from
msys? I guess that would only work with MSYS makefiles. I also
installed CMake 2.6.0 today to give that a try. This is all with
Stable mingw, winxp sp2.

>> 2. My project depends on some 3rd party libraries to run (expat,
>> tiff,
>> hdf5, qt4). What variables do I need to set to have those copied into
>> the installation package? I currently have rolled my own for an
>> "installation". Here is what I use currently:
>
> A thread on subject arise some days ago
> I did not find the thread but it was talking about a generic
> [on-going] work for including dependencies of a project
> binaries in the install.
>
> [...]

I have the list of libraries that need to be installed. Somehow I
need to get those to CPack.

>> Can I reuse any of this in order to copy all those libraries into the
>> installation package?
>
> Normally all files/target which are "installed" using INSTALL
> command are included in a CPack generated package.
>

> --
> Erk

Do I have to do a "make install" first? I am trying all this with
MSys? Is this broken perhaps under mingw/msys? I'll give VS2005 a try
and see what happens.

Mike