[CMake] CPack ZIP error with NSIS on WinXP

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:05:44 EDT 2008

2008/7/1 Mike Jackson <mike.jackson at imts.us>:
> I am starting to dive into the CPack packaging system for my projects
> and I have some basic questions that the wiki is not answering.
>
> 1. What "zip" program do I need to install or is recommended on
> Windows XP to get the NSIS packager to run correctly. I am getting the
> "CPack ERror: Cannot find a suitable zip program."

7-zip is working for me with CMake 2.6.0
Which version of CMake/CPack are you using.

> 2. My project depends on some 3rd party libraries to run (expat, tiff,
> hdf5, qt4). What variables do I need to set to have those copied into
> the installation package? I currently have rolled my own for an
> "installation". Here is what I use currently:

A thread on subject arise some days ago
I did not find the thread but it was talking about a generic
[on-going] work for including dependencies of a project
binaries in the install.

[...]

> Can I reuse any of this in order to copy all those libraries into the
> installation package?

Normally all files/target which are "installed" using INSTALL
command are included in a CPack generated package.

--
Erk