[CMake] ADD_SUBDIRECTORY and EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL

DA atdbds at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 27 13:51:30 EST 2008

Hello,

The documentation for ADD_SUBDIRECTORY suggests states the following:

If the EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL argument is provided then this subdirectory will not
be included in build by default. Users will have to explicitly start a build
in the generated output directory. This is useful for having cmake create a
build system for a set of examples in a project. One would want cmake to
generate a single build system for all the examples, but one may not want the
targets to show up in the main build system.

And I have a add_subdirectory entry that includes the EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL
directive:

ADD_DIRECTORY (designer EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL)

but the directive is ignored and the sub-directory always get built by
default. I am using cmake 2.4.7.  Does anyone else experience this problem ?
Is this a known issue already addressed in a recent fix ?

Thanks,
DA