[CMake] FindQt4 in 2.4.8 bug

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:58:19 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been using 2.4.7 until this morning when I saw the 2.4.8 announcement
and jumped right away to install it (silly me).

I have some script that finds Qt4 but stopped working on 2.4.8.

Tracing the problem in FindQt4.cmake I found this...

There is one (at least one) SET command like this:

     SET( QT_INCLUDE_DIR ${qt4_include_dir} CACHE PATH "")

which fails to actually set the value of QT_INCLUDE_DIR

It works fine if DOCSTRING is prepended in front of  "":

 SET( QT_INCLUDE_DIR ${qt4_include_dir} CACHE PATH DOCSTRING "")

Is this a bug in FindQt4.cmake?  ( was this differently in 2.4.7? )

A bug in 2.4.8 ( DOCSTRING should not be needed? )

A feature in 2.4.8 ? (is needed just now? )

TIA

--
Fernando Cacciola
SciSoft