[CMake] Re: FindBoost.cmake: please test

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 17:49:09 EST 2008

On 20.01.08 17:11:17, Rodolfo Lima wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat escreveu:
>
> > Naah, _boost_XXX is internal and not exposed. I rather have a
> > Boost_MINIMUM_VERSION. That would also allow to use REQUIRED and a more
> > verbose message saying wether the version is wrong or a needed lib is
> > not found.
>
> Speaking of which, find_package could have a way to specify required
> versions, isn't? Like pkg-config does... That's a common use case.
> Something along the lines of:
> find_package(Boost MINIMUM_VERSION 1.34.1)

There is actually already a way to specify major.minor with find_package
(see man cmake). Unfortunately this is not yet handled by cmake, even
more sad that there are two wishlist reports for this since 2005.
Entries #4243 and #1645

Andreas

--
There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.