[CMake] Coverage Woes

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Dec 22 10:17:27 EST 2008

Blezek, Daniel J. wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   We're ramping up our testing using CDash, CTest, and CMake.  I started
> a coverage build but get no coverage information. I'm not sure how to
> debug ctest as it doesn't produce coverage information properly.  Long
> post, sorry.
>
> Environment:
> $ ctest -version
> ctest version 2.7-20080417
> $ cmake -version
> cmake version 2.7-20080417
> $ gcc -v

I can not really tell from what you have posted.  Couple of things...

1. That is an odd version of CMake to be using.  Does 2.6.2 work, or a
recent CVS head work?

2. How are you driving ctest?  (A script, ctest -D?)

3. You can run ctest -VV --debug, and it should give lots of output and
maybe you can figure out what is going on from that.

-Bill