[CMake] Setting initial CMake cache in extended Ctest scripting

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Dec 18 19:53:10 EST 2008

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewNotes.php?buildid=231924

> 2) Can't get coverage testing to work
Should be pretty much the same as the other type of script but you call
ctest_coverage().

> 3) Getting submition errors like:
>
> Error when triggering:
?xmlfile=godel.sandia.gov___Linux-gcc-serial-debug-new___20081218-1501-Experimental___XML___Build.xml

> Error message was: Couldn't resolve host '' Problems when triggering
> via HTTP

Do you have a CTestConfig.cmake file in the top of your source tree?

> Is there some way to go back to the standard Ctest scripting mode for

testing where you can change how the initial Ctest input files are
provided? One idea would be to just use left-over Ctest input files from
the last successful configure that occurred in the past. How hard would
this be to implement?

I am not sure I follow you here?   I think a working script is what you
want.  I think the scripting could use some better error messages when
things are missing.   I have done some of that in CVS CMake, but more
still needs to be done.  Also, some better docs would also help.

-Bill