[CMake] Weired behavior with CTest & Fedora 10 & g++ 4.3.2

David Graf david.graf at 28msec.com
Wed Dec 17 07:00:45 EST 2008

Hello

We have a weired problem when we compile and test our software on Fedora
10 with g++ 4.3.2.
We have around 600 tests. When we execute these tests in one ctest run,
two random tests always fail (without any regularity). We tested it on
two different fedora installation with ctest 2.4 and 2.6. This strange
behavior occurs on both machines.
After some debugging, we observed that the failing tests do not produce
any log output. Even when adding the std::cout out statements into the
code, we do not get some output. We assume there is some bad interaction
between Fedora 10 and ctest.

Has someone noticed the same strange behavior?

David