[CMake] FindBoost.cmake oddities

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 13:12:41 EST 2008

On 11.12.08 11:38:38, Mike Jackson wrote:
> Up a bit further I see the culprit:
>
>   IF ( WIN32 AND Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS )
>     SET (Boost_LIB_PREFIX "lib")
>   ENDIF ( WIN32 AND Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS )
>
> So I guess I need some logic in my own cmake files that says if Boost
> was NOT found, set Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS to TRUE and try again, only if
> we are on Win32. I am sure I am missing something simple...

The problem is with mixed boost installations, i.e. you have shared and
static libs. If you have that there's no way to force cmake into finding
the static version other than changing the suffix variable as cmake will
always prefer shared over static libraries.

I'm not sure about the lib prefix above, it might be that this is only
really needed for mingw and not for VS.

Andreas

--
A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?