[CMake] Question about install()

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Mon Dec 8 05:13:23 EST 2008

Robert Dailey schrieb:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM, Michael Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
>> wrote:
>
>> Mine was run on OS X using a Makefile. If I use Xcode I would probably get
>> something else. I use that exact same call on windows and VS 7,8,9 will all
>> still use the "Debug" or "Release" directories based on the configuration.
>

> Thanks for clarifying. Everything works now, however this doesn't really
> solve my problem. See, I need to copy shared library files over differently
> depending on my configuration and also depending on my platform. On Linux
> the library names will have different suffix/prefix. This becomes even
> harder when I have to consider debug vs release, since the libraries are
> also different between configurations as well.

So what? Instead of copying the DLLs to the build location of the
executable, copy _all_ relevant files to an extra location of your choice.

The LOCATION_<CONFIG> property also exists.

Why do you even care for the name of the actual files? What purpose does
it have to name debug and release libraries differently but no being
interchangeable?

HS