[CMake] Invoking "make" with CMake scripts?

Hendrik Sattler post at hendrik-sattler.de
Mon Dec 1 12:00:36 EST 2008

Robert Dailey schrieb:
> On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Hendrik Sattler <post at hendrik-sattler.de>wrote:
>
>> Robert Dailey schrieb:> Well on Linux this would be trivial, but as I said
>> on Windows doing this
>>> could take hours, even if I do provide a simple package they can extract
>>> some directory, they'll still be faced with the challenge of building all
>>> libraries in that package that I provide.
>> a BINARY package, not a source package. Like Debian, not like Gentoo.
>

> How many binary packages are we talking about here? One for Windows, one for
> MacOS, and one for Linux?

Depends on your preference, possibly.
Unless your developers use different compilers, that could be one for
Windows. It could as well contain the compiler if that is mingw. Or
build a nifty installer where you can select the components.

Your solutions for MacOS X and Linux might be something else. A personal
repository for the development crew would be my personal preference. Not
sure about MacOS X, never used that.

HS