[CMake] Ctest timeout problem

Baptiste Derongs baptiste.derongs at etu.utc.fr
Wed Oct 24 05:07:08 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I have got multiple tests, run by a ctest script.
But I have a problem with timeout options. All my test are very quick,
so I want to set a timeout of 60 seconds.
I tried first to set for each test a timeout, by SET_TESTS_PROPERTIES,
but the real timeout that I saw when I ran the script was 1500 sec
(default value).
So I tried to define CTEST_TEST_TIMEOUT and/or DART_TESTING_TIMEOUT.
Firstly in my CMakeLists.txt, it didn't work, the timeout value in
DartConfiguration.tcl was still 1500 sec.

So I wrote in my ctest script

FILE(WRITE "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/CMakeCache.txt" "
        DART_TESTING_TIMEOUT:STRING=10
")

And now my DartConfiguration.tcl says that the timeout is set to 10
seconds, so does CMakeCache.txt.

But apparently this is not the truth, some tests are still running
after 5 minutes.

Is there a minimum value of TIMEOUT ? Or is there another way to set it ?

Baptiste